DATED – 23.09.2019
PRIVACY NOTICE provided by Wick Hall Residents Association
tenants and leaseholders
This privacy notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use it. We are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation (referred to as GDPR).
Please ensure you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a “privacy notice”) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us in the event you have a complaint.
- Who we are
Wick Hall Residents Association collects uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In this privacy notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” means Wick Hall Residents’ Association.
- Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information.
- The personal information we collect and use: Information collected from you
In the course of our activities we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses.
- The provision of names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses is required from you to enable us to perform our duties in accordance with the contract we have with you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
- The personal information we collect and use: Information collected from other sources
- We do not obtain additional personal information from other sources
- How we use your personal information
For the performance of a contract we have with you, to act on your behalf in discussions and negotiation with the lessor, or their appointed agents (the Managing Agents of Wick Hall) concerning the administration and management of Wick Hall and on matters relating to service charges, repairs, maintenance, upkeep and on matters of common interest to the residents of Wick Hall.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
- Who we share your personal information with
We never share the following categories of personal data:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
We will, when called upon by the Freeholders/Managing Agents of Wick Hall, share your names and addresses in order for them to confirm that we qualify as a Recognised Residents’ Association. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
- Where your personal information may be held
Information may be held by the Membership Secretary for the Wick Hall Residents Association.
- How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses for the duration of your membership of the Wick Hall Residents Association.
- Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We collect and use your personal data in order to represent you in any dealings with the lessor/managing agents of Wick Hall.
- Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact:
Chair Wick Hall Residents Association
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg full name, address and property address),
- We may ask you to let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
- Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. Please see below in section 15 ‘How to contact us’ if you have a query or concern regarding this policy.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
- Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 23.09.2019 and last updated on 23.09.2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do we will inform you.
- Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example audio, large print) please contact us (see “How to contact us” below)
- How to contact us
Chair Wick Hall Residents Association